Wednesday, July 30, 2014

We're Back! WIPs Wednesday 7/30/14

With Jen going through a move and Tour de Fleece taking up most of our free time, we decided to take a week off from blogging so we could get stuff done.  

Sadly, I didn't finish spinning my braid that I was working on for TdF, but it will eventually get done.  Right now I have been working on cranking out ornaments and casting on a pair of socks.

Awhile back, Vickie of Bird Leg Bags was knitting up a gorgeous pair of socks in Trekking XXL and I fell in love with the jewel tones.  They reminded me of both a sunset and autumn so I knew I needed a pair of socks in this yarn.  After Tour de Fleece ended, I knit a couple more ornaments (Right now I have 7 out of 8 completed) and wanted a longer mindless project.  I didn't knit a pair of socks in July (gasp!) so I was starting to go through severe sock knitting withdrawal.  This week has been cooler, making me feel like it's early autumn, so what better time to cast on these socks?  


Trekking XXL, colorway 550
While setting up the craft room (finally!), I came across my Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery Gingerbread Lane cross stitch that I set aside.  I really want to knit their Autumn Sampler, but before I start I want to try to get this done so I can have it ready for Christmas.  I'm less than a third through the pattern, but with a few months to go, I should be able to get it done in time.


Gingerbread Lane
Pattern by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery
My week has been spent packing, cleaning, unpacking, moving, cleaning, painting and even more cleaning! I feel like I haven't knit in forever. I didn't even spin the last days of the Tour de Fleece I was so busy! I only have one WIP to share this week my Jeck socks.  I am about halfway through the leg of the second sock.  I am sure that I will not finish these by the end of the month, but that is ok. I am just glad that the move is mostly over. Just need to finish unpacking and get settled in to the new house.
Here is a sneak peek of the house

Here are my socks in progress as well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment