Friday, August 8, 2014

FO Friday 8/8/14

I haven't been knitting much this week.  I finished the Trekking socks on Tuesday and after they were off the needles, I wanted to cross-stitch instead of knitting more ornaments or working on my never ending Adrift cardigan.  

I knit basic ribbed socks and did my first ever Fish Lips Kiss heel.  I've had this heel pattern for a long time, but have always been too intimidated to try it.  Now that I have successfully knit it, I can't see myself knitting any other type of heel again.  This pair of socks fit so perfectly!  


Basic Ribbed Socks-Trekking 550
I mentioned that I spent the week stitching.  You would assume that it's the Gingerbread Lane that I shared in our last post, right?  If you know me, you know that when I say I am not going to start another project, that urge to start something new will take over.  I have been trying to resist the Mysterious Halloween Town pattern by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery.  I told myself over and over again that I just finished a Halloween cross stitch.  I have a Christmas one to finish and the Autumn sampler to do, I don't need this.  I have 4 binders FILLED with cross stitch patterns from a co-worker.  The last thing I need is a new pattern.  Then, they came out with a birthday sale.  26% off all patterns.  I held out for a few days, staying strong.  Then I bought the pattern thinking I could stitch it next year.  That lasted for a couple of days.  On Saturday, Jen & I went to Joann's so I could get the aida and floss and I immediately started stitching when I got home.

Now that I have been working on it all week, I am really in the Halloween mood.  I have been burning pumpkin candles, watching The Witches of East End on Netflix.  Tonight I plan to relax, make some chili and watch scary movies all night long.  

With unpacking, cleaning, shopping and organizing I have had very little time to work on my crafts. I did manage to get my August square done on my sampler, but I have yet to take any photos of it.  After I did all that stitching I want to work on another stitching project. Just have to figure out which box those are still in..... Hopefully we can get my shelves for my craft room built this week and I can start to unpack it all. 

I do have one EPIC FO to share, if I do say so myself.  Thanks to Jess I was able to block my Dr. Who scarf after I finished knitting it up.  Then I just had to trim ALL THE ENDS that I had previously woven in, add the 24 tassles and I was done!

Here it is hanging off the banister at my new house:

Another Christmas present off the needles!
I have one more braid that I finished during Tour de Fleece that never got shared as well.  This is Into the Whirled 100% Merino in "Smaller on the Outside."  I did another 3 ply (it is getting easier) and ended up with 200 yards of usable squishy yarn.

2 comments: