Thursday, July 3, 2014

FO Fourth of July!

Happy Independence Day to our readers in the states! I hope you get to have a nice day off full of family, fun, and fireworks. I know that I am lucky that the hubby is off this year (I am sure he feels lucky too since he loves to see fireworks).  

I finished another Christmas gift! I am planning to knit 4 pair of socks for people this year and this is the second pair so I am halfway there! My goal is to get the socks done by the end of August so I am not so stressed at Christmas time.  These socks are the 30th pair of socks that I have knit since learning in February of 2012.  I do not have 30 pair though as many of those socks have been gifts, and 2 pair have felted :-(.
Simple Skyp Socks - The Cyborg's Craft Room "Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard Spock"
These socks had a few tricky moments like when I dropped a YO that had a stitch wrapped around it, but overall were pretty mindless after a bit.  

The next FO is from the year long swap that I am participating in.  The theme for one of the months is toys, so this is my Minion
He was trickier to knit than the socks.  The pattern calls for you to use intarsia or duplicate stitch for the overalls. I kind of did a modified fair isle.  I think he turned out cute even if his smile is a little crooked and his hair resembles Bert more than a minion. 

I've been busy trying to get alot of projects done before July.  I am dedicating July to deadline knitting and Tour de Fleece.  
First is a monster that I finished awhile ago, but forgot to share.  Susan Claudino teamed up with Little Skein in the Big Wool and Highland Handmades for the Wild Thing kit.  She designed an adorable Wild Thing and I had the pleasure of test knitting him.

Wild Thing by Susan Claudino Yarn: The Cyborg's Craft Room Bested in Yer Mom Wears Teal
Next, I knit a pumpkin baby hat that I am donating to the church food bank:

Pumpkin Hat
I finished the mittens for my swap partner.  Overall, I liked the pattern.  Quick knit, easy to follow.  I never did an afterthought thumb before so the lack of a gusset was a little strange.  I would definitely knit it again.

Cruiser Mitts
Finally, I knit a wee Bluebird of Happiness for my swap partner as well.  This pattern is so fun!  
Bluebird of Happiness



No comments:

Post a Comment