Wednesday, July 16, 2014

WIPs Wednesday 7/16/14

I finished my mom's shawl on Monday so I have been working on knitting a bunch of Christmas ornaments. I'm using the Snowball Buddies pattern by Susan Claudino and plan on making 8-10 of these cute little critters.  They are a pretty fast knit.  I can knit the body of one during my lunch and breaks at work and then knit the ears and add details in the evenings.  As you can see, I still have the other ear to finish on the bunny ;)  I love how detailed Susan's patterns are.  She explains everything, includes a bunch of instructional photos and I love how she gives the eye/nose placement.  There have been so many toys that I have made in the past where the one eye is a half stitch higher than the other and ends up crooked.  


Snowball Buddies by Susan Claudino
I am still definitely spinning more than knitting this week. I have also been cleaning and packing since we move next week! Eek!  I am still plugging along on my Dr. Who scarf. I am sure you are as sick of seeing it as I am at this point heh. I am on stripe number 51 of 53, less than 50 rows to go and I can see the light at the end of the scarf ....er tunnel. 

The last time I blogged about my Jeck sock I was only halfway through the leg, now I am halfway through the foot.
I should be able to finish this one up  pretty quickly and get the second one cast on.  If I can convince myself to knit instead of spin. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment