Wednesday, May 14, 2014

WIPs Wednesday 5/14

This week, I have mostly been working on my Adrift Cardigan.  I finished two projects that I will share on Friday and cast on a pair of vanilla socks.  I am still on the raglan increases of the sweater but it is finally starting to look like it's growing!  I'm trying to knit anywhere between 4-8 rows a day on it.  In the beginning it took me about 15 minutes per row.  Now that it's getting bigger, it takes a little longer.  By the time I am ready to divide the sleeves I'll have almost 600 stitches on the needles!  I'm trying to get to the sleeves by Memorial Day weekend (that's just a little over a week away).  That way I will have 3 weeks to get the sleeves done and be at the halfway mark by mid-term.  Will I make the deadline?  I see lots of trips to Starbucks and lots of chocolate in my future to make this happen.


I finished my Chiron socks over the weekend so I decided to cast on a pair of vanilla socks to play around with in between working on my sweater.  I'm using the Van Gogh yarn by Opal.  It's Cafe at Night and I am in love with it.



I'm about halfway through the leg and will do a basic slipped stitch heel flap.  It's always nice to work on vanilla socks in between socks with a chart or a pattern to it.

What have you been working on, Jen?

So I have been working on my Dr. Who scarf and have 12 stripes now! 
Phoebe is trying to help me out, luckily she isn't the cat that chomps needles. Ideally I would like to be at the halfway point a month from today, which is 27 stripes.  There are 53 stripes total and I need to make tassels and block it, so I counted 27 stripes as 50% for my OWL.  I am making good progress so far, and it isn't terribly boring yet.  I have been weaving in my ends as I go and will trim them all off after I block it.  

I am still working on my Chiron socks even though Jess already finished hers. Isn't she fast?!  I did finish one of them, and am about 1/3 of the way through the leg on sock #2
That is Phoebe's tail in this shot too
Lastly, I cast on a toy that I will be sending to the Hufflepuff Baby Brigade. We make care packages to send to our expectant Puffs. Each of the Puffs who are expecting have children already so I am making toys so the older brothers get something too.
Voodoo you love me? - by Susan Claudino in Dancing Dog Dyeworks Waltz Worsted - "Big's Beautiful Blues"
Hopefully I will have something knit to share on Friday as an FO. I will have some fused glass and a sewing project to share though :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment