Sunday, May 18, 2014

Spunday 5/18

So this is the first of our Spunday posts! Jess and I are both getting more into spinning fiber so we thought it would be better to blog about it separately from our WIPs and FOs.  I am excited that this year will be my first Tour de Fleece with my wheel!  The Tour de Fleece is a spinning event that follows the same days as the Tour de France.  On the days they ride, we spin.  The days that they rest, we rest.  On their challenge days we try to challenge ourselves too. You can join as many teams as you want, and many of them offer prizes.  I have joined the HPKCHC team, and Jess and I are probably going to form a Fiber Fangirls team too! 
I have one recent spinning FO to share, and nothing on my bobbins right now.  
This is fiber from Bullen's Wulens that I purcahsed at Maryland Sheep and Wool this year.  It is 100% BFL and I ended up with 280 yards of a 2 ply yarn.  Even though it is not as even as I would like it averages to be a DK or a light worsted weight yarn.  I really like how the different shades of purple kind of barber pole at times.  The next spinning I may try are my punis from Gourmet stash!

I only got to spin for about 30 minutes this week so I have no progress to share.  Maybe next week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment