Thursday, May 8, 2014

Not Wednesday WIPs Wednesday 5/8

So with the excitement of Maryland Sheep and Wool we may have lost track of the days.  Our WIPs Wednesday post is only one day late, which I think is pretty good.  So right now I am working on sock pair #6 for the year in a KAL with Jess! We are knitting the same pattern, but using different yarn.  
Chiron Socks by Patti Waters - Crabapple Yarns Pizzazz in teal
Because I am OCD about symmetry and things matching we both decided not to do the lace pattern on the foot. The yarn is squishy and nice so these socks will be well worn when I finish them. They even have a sparkle to them that is hard to photograph.  


My OWL was approved for the Harry Potter Knit/Crochet House Cup so I started my Dr. Who scarf for my brother.  It is a long scarf, so it is good that I am working on it way ahead of Christmas.  Since I am knitting it for my OWL it has to be done by the end of July, which is a good motivator too!  It has 53 stripes and I have finished 5 so far.  I am loving how it is turning out, but am really dreading weaving in all those ends.  I am also not sure where in my house I am going to block a 12 foot long scarf.  I may have to hope for a nice sunny day and do it outside in my yard!
Dr. Who scarf -  Cascade 220 Superwash



 I also started a spinning project with fiber that I bought at Maryland Sheep and Wool. It is BFL from Bullen's Wullens.  I was hoping for a more consistent color in my spin.  There are many white spots in the fiber that is making it more of a tonal yarn than I expected.  I think it will look nice once it is plied.

Jen and I are all sorts of similar this week!  I finished the first of my Chiron socks.  I'm using Younger Yarn Shire String in Bayou Blood.  The yarn is really soft and has these black and beige tweed flecks in it.  I would love to knit with this yarn again, but sadly she is taking a very long (or permanent!) break from dyeing yarn.  :(  


My OWL was also approved.  I am knitting Adrift by Carol Feller using Malabrigo Lace in Indigo.  While the endless stockinette isn't very exciting, the yarn makes up for it.  Malabrigo is one of my favorite yarns and each stitch feels so nice in my hands.  I just started shaping the raglan sleeves so I have a long way to go but I can't wait until it's done and I can start wearing it!  


The final WIP I have going on right now is one I have shared many times before.  I'm still spinning away at my Knitting Knorth Polwarth.  However, now that I have my own Bosworth spindle and the weather has been cooperative, I try to sit outside every night for a little bit to get some spinning time in.  



What have you been working on?  Pop on over to our Ravelry group and share your projects!  

No comments:

Post a Comment