Sunday, June 29, 2014

Spunday 6/29/14

Tour de Fleece starts on Saturday and I wanted to clear my spindle.  I spent most of this weekend finishing up the plying on my Knitting Knorth Polwarth.  I finished it on Saturday morning, gave it a soak and hung it outside to dry all day.  It's 288 yards of sport weight and it's the most yardage I have ever spun.  The colors are super bright so I think I will make a larger toy with it rather than something to wear.  

Knitting Knorth Polwarth-22713

I decided on spinning my Shadawyn Fiber Arts Merino/Silk blend for Tour de Fleece.  I've never spun anything with silk in it so that will be a challenge for me.  I also think I am going to try to fractal spin this time.  Every time I have spun I just split the fiber in half and spun randomly.  I want to try to have more control over my colors and have less of a barber pole look.  

Shadawyn Fiber Arts Merino/Silk 80/20-Severus Snape

No comments:

Post a Comment