Wednesday, June 11, 2014

WIP Wednesday 6/11/14

This past week went so fast!  Friday & Saturday I had plans and didn't get much time to work on any knitting.  Sunday, rather than knitting I decided to pick up my Halloween Spooky Sampler and work on that.   I made some progress and will be trying to work on that each week so I can actually be done before Halloween.  I really want to buy the Halloween Town pattern by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery, but I am trying to finish the projects I have started before starting a new one.  





I haven't made any progress on my June socks in the past week.  They are currently sitting in the WIPs basket until I make a little more progress on my sweater.  
I finally started the sleeves.  Monday & Tuesday I was home sick so I tried to spend an hour a day working on it.  At this point I don't see myself finishing by the end of July and finishing my OWL.  I'll still work on it, but I can't let myself stress out over it.  






I was traveling this week so I really had to make some crafting choices before I left.  Since my OWL scarf is getting so long, and it has 7 different colors, I decided to leave it at home.  When I got home last night I finished the last two stripes that I needed to do to hit my 50% mark!  Now I can submit that for 75 points and keep working on it.  I have 26 stripes to go and the tassels, but I think I can totally do it.  After I block it, it will feel so good to trim all those woven in ends!
I brought two projects with me, one was a pair of socks. When I left last week I had the cuff done on the sock, now I am on the toe of the first sock.  This is the Simple Skyp Socks pattern by Adrienne Ku.   It is not a pattern that I have done before, but I knew that Jess had, so I decided to give it a try.  The colorway is the funnest part of these socks though.  It is The Cyborg's Craft Room Assockilate in "Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock." I am a sucker for anything that can be connected with another fandom that I love (this should make sense since we are the Fiber Fangirls!)  So I knew when I saw the Big Bang Theory colorway that I just had to have it! These socks will be a Christmas present so I cannot tell you who they are for, but I love them so much. Too bad they would never fit me!
My last WIP for the week is my Wintry Mitts that are for my Order of the Phoenix Mission. I have about 4 colorwork rows to go, and then the ribbing on the top of the mitt, and the thumb and the first mitt is done! I don't think I am going to be able to match the two mitts, but I think that the mitts will still go together well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment