Wednesday, April 9, 2014

WIPs Wednesday 4/9

Wow, it's WIP Wednesday already?!  The only project I'm knitting this week is something I can't share yet.  I'm test knitting for NoKnitSherlock's latest pattern to be released fairly soon.  All I can say is, IT'S ADORABLE!  (aren't all of her designs?)  

I've been working on some home improvement projects this weekend but did manage to spin for a tiny bit.  I haven't weighed how much fiber is left but I am estimating that I'm a little over halfway done.  Every time I pick up my spinning I have this insane craving for Peeps.  

Knitting Knorth Polwarth
The other project I've been working on is my Tea Time cross-stitch by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery.  I'm a novice stitcher so my speed isn't quite there, but I got the tea cup finished and am loving how delicate it looks.  

Tea Time-The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery

This week I have a few WIPs to talk about.  I finished the stitching I started on the weekend, so I will show that on Friday.  Right now I only have two knitting projects on my needles. The first is a pair of socks that will be a Christmas gift (hooray for early knitting!).  
Knitmore Girls Vanilla Sock - Zwerger Garn Opal Vincent van Gogh - Sunflowers
This is the second time I have knit with Opal yarn so I knew how it would feel, but had no idea how it would pool.  So far it looks like it will sort of stripe like my Harry Potter Tonks socks
I cast on the sock before we got on the plane to New Orleans, but the flight was so short that I didn't get very far. I also did not knit as much as I thought that I would when we were in the Big Easy either.
The second WIP I have I cast on specifically for our trip to NOLA. 
Traveling Woman Shawl - The Cyborg's Craft Room - "Show us your Knits"
When Maegan posted this colorway in The Cyborg's Craft Room shop, I knew that I had to have it!  I love the play on words, and the colors fit Mardi Gras and New Orleans perfectly. This is the third time that I have knit the Traveling Woman shawl.  It is a great pattern that starts off with a big stockinette section and lace at the end. I may make it bigger than the last one that I made since I have so much yardage in this skein of yarn. This picture of my shawl is with Merlot, a monster that has done a lot of traveling with me.  She has been to London, Paris, Florida, baseball games, and even the Statue of Liberty.  I dyed the yarn that she is knit with, and she is one of my first monsters.  This picture is in Jackson square in the French Quarter. This is a great little park that is lovely place to hang out in with a cafe au lait and a beignet.

What WIPs do you have on your needles/spindle/wheel/hook?

Don't forget to become a subscriber to the blog and enter our giveaway. You have less than a week before we will do the drawing!
~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment