Friday, April 25, 2014

FO Friday 4/25

So Jess has been hard at work on her WIPs but doesn't have any FOs to share this week so I am writing this post solo.  I have been working on more preemie hats for the local NICU. I have ten finished so far.  Here are the three latest ones. They are all knit in DK using Plymouth Dreambaby DK, and Sirdar Snuggly Crofter

I have been working on Pufflecards during break month in the Harry Potter Knit/Crochet House Cup.  I have been sorted into Hufflepuff the last two terms.  Break month is the month between terms but the hard working Puffs don't just relax we keep working heh  To play I must complete a variety of tasks from finishing WIPs to getting my yarn ready for my OWL with each task earning a card.  One of the prompts talked about getting past a project that has been holding me back. You either frog it (reclaim the yarn from the project), embellish it or overdye it.  I have a baby blanket that I started last year for a friend and realized that I would not finish it before the baby was born.  I decided I was going to frog it and use the yarn for something else.  When I pulled it out I realized that I was over halfway done! So instead of ripping it out, I decided to work on it until it was done.  
Lion Brand Pound of Love in pale yellow and antique white
It measures about 34" square which should be good for a car seat.  I am mailing it to a friend who is expecting her first baby this year.  It feels good to have this project done and I even earned a Pufflecard for it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment