Wednesday, March 19, 2014

WIPs Wednesday

There are so many projects I want to knit this year but before I do, I need to finish some of these WIPs.  

I set a goal to knit 12 pairs of socks this year and am on pair 4.  I'm just doing a basic vanilla pattern using SpinningFates Megara in Peonies. I'm halfway through the foot on the first sock and am enjoying watching each stripe form.  



Also on the needles is a Hitchhiker shawl by Martina Behm.  I'm knitting it up with Malabrigo Sock in Abril.  This is the 3rd Hitchhiker I have knit.  It's my favorite shawl pattern since it's pretty much mindless and all garter stitch.  



The final thing I am trying to finish up is my spinning that I started in November.  I learned how to use a drop spindle a few years ago, but never touched it after the day I learned.  Last year at Maryland Sheep and Wool I bought myself a new spindle, played around for a few days and again, set it aside until Tour de Fleece.  During TdF I started fresh and spun Gale's Art Corriedale.  I liked spinning a little more but between all of my knitting and starting to cross-stitch, it again got set aside.  

Jess's Tour de Fleece 2013 



 Jen got a spinning wheel last summer and while my spindle was decent, it was a little tricky to spin with since it had no notch.  Jen lent me her Bosworth mini and I am in love.  I've been trying to set aside time each day to spin and have a little less than half of my 2nd single left before I can ply.  


Fibernymph Dye Works BFL - Witches Leggings


After I get my WIPs under control I just have a couple of washcloths to knit and then I can plan my 5th pair of socks and maybe start a sweater!  What's on your needles?

I am also attempting to knit 12 pair of socks this year and am on pair #4.  Right now, besides my scrap yarn blanket, I only have one active WIP on the needles. I have a hibernating baby blanket that was meant as a gift about a year ago, so that doesn't count.  I am still working on my socks that I was knitting when we went to see the Yarn Harlot.  The only difference is then I was on sock #1, and now I am on sock #2.
Socks on a Plane by Laura Linneman - Three Irish Girls Adorn Sock - "Bread and Butterflies"
Since I am ahead of where I wanted to be with my sock, I spent the day so far cross stitching on my Once Upon a Time sampler.  So here is what I have done of March:


So far I know it doesn't look like much, but it will be the Three Little Pigs! The goal is to finish the sock and this month's sampler square before we leave for New Orleans at the end of the month! Better get back to work

No comments:

Post a Comment