Friday, March 14, 2014

More introductions!


I thought that I would introduce myself too! I'm Jen, the other co-host of the blog. My mother-in-law taught me how to knit about 10 years ago, but I have really been knitting the last 4 years since we moved to Pennsylvania.  Being born and raised in southern California, I did not have as much need for hand knits.  What am I saying, everyone needs hand knits! I also learned how to spin on a drop spindle last spring, purchasing my first spindle at Maryland  Sheep and Wool 2013.  I purchased a lovely Bosworth spindle. 



This is a picture from Tour de Fleece 2013. I spun so much during those few weeks that in August 2013, I purchased my first wheel, a Lendrum.



I also cross stitch and am working on the Once Upon a Time Sampler from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery.  If you like to cross stitch, or even if you have never cross stitched, I highly recommend them.  
Here is January and February:

I am embarrassed to say that I have not even started March, but at least I have a few more weeks before I am officially behind....

Now I am going to take inspiration from Jess and answer the same crafting questions that she did. 


My yarn of choice?  I also prefer fingering weight.  The projects that I make the most are socks and shawls.  I am also making a sock yarn scrap blanket. (I have 65 of the 1,000+ squares done.....)
This is from the beginning of the year.

Favorite colors?  My favorite colors are jewel tones.  I love purples, blues, pinks and teal.  I prefer cool tones to warm, and silver to gold.  I am trying to branch out from my favorite colors though so I don't end up with 1,000 purple shawls.

Most recent FO?  I also just completed a shop sample for The Cyborg's Craft Room, using the Limited DK base.  I knit the Duotone Cowl in the colorways Sage and Hera.  I did my best to make jogless stripes, and kitchenering in the round is a pain, but I think I did pretty well.  The yarn is so soft and squishy with a great drape to it.  I wish I got to keep this one.

Now that we have introduced ourselves, please introduce yourself.



No comments:

Post a Comment