Friday, March 28, 2014

FO Friday

       So this is our first FO Friday post. If you are here and are not a knitter, an FO is a finished object.  This is where we can post about projects that we have finished this week. Since I forgot to post about it last week, I am including FOs from the last 2 weeks :-)
So the first project that I have to share is my London Hat. I have a stash problem.  That should be obvious based on the last post.  I also have a problem using yarn that I see as special. Maybe it is a limited edition colorway, or yarn that I got on a special trip etc.  So I made a vow that if I bought yarn on our trip to Europe last year, that I would use it!  I won a raffle drawing for a pattern download on Ravelry in the Sticks and Stones group. I selected the pattern that I had marked on my queue to use the yarn I bought in London. We visited the shop Loop. I really loved it there. So cozy, and they even had Wollmeise! I bought one special skein of yarn for myself.  It is The Uncommon Thread BFL Light in the colorway "Lust."  
I love that you get your purchases in a Loop totebag!
So I used this lovely yarn to make the Norie hat. It is a slouchy hat that has a wonderful cat's paw lace detail to it.


       My next FO is the pair of socks that I was working on WIPs Wednesday.
Socks on a Plane - Three Irish Girls Yarn - Adorn Sock - "Bread and Butterflies"
     This is the second pair of socks that I have made with this pattern, and I have a feeling that it is not the last.  It is the only toe up pattern that I have knit, and I really like how they fit, especially the heel.  With the leftovers I made a preemie hat to donate to the NICU at St. Luke's


Lastly, I have a test knit that I have finished for a friend using my handspun. It is blocking right now, so I will post pics of it next time.  I cast on a shawl to knit on the plane tomorrow, so depending on how much I knit this week in New Orleans, I may have another FO for next week!
~ Jen

I seem to have caught a spinning bug this week.  I finished the first of my SpinningFates Self Striping sock and started the cuff of the second sock.  I knit a few teeth on my Hitchhiker, but I primarily spent my week spinning away.  I finished my second single of the Into the Whirled BFL and plied it last Friday/Saturday.  I washed it Sunday and let it dry a few days.  I managed to get 216 yards of worsted weight out of it so it should make a lovely hat in the not so near future.

Into the Whirled BFL-Witches Leggings 

 Right now I am spinning up some KnittingKnorth Polwarth in a super bright pink, blue and yellow combo.  It reminds me of Peeps candy.  I've devoted most of this week to spinning it and hopefully will be able to share it on our next FO Friday!  

-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment