Wednesday, September 17, 2014

WIP Wednesday 9/17/14

I have been happily stitching away on my Autumn Sampler, and I have just two squares left!!!  I may even finish it before the first official day of Fall too.

The last two squares are really cute too.  One is a finished sock (the one that is started in square 11), and the other is a cup of tea.  I think my favorite squares are the ones with the socks, but I also love square 14 with the pumpkin cupcake, and square 13 where the girl is playing in the leaves.  Raking leaves up is no fun, but crunching them under your boots, and kicking them around is actually a ton of fun.  

I haven't really worked on my shawl, so I don't really have anything to share there.  I did cast on sock pair # 9/12 for the year though. I bought the book Sock Innovation by Cookie A after seeing so many FOs on Ravelry.  I picked one of the patterns out to make my mom for Christmas this year (Erin keep this one a secret from my mom!).  When Jess and I went to Maryland Sheep and Wool this year we went to an open house at Cephalopod Yarns on Friday night and it was so much fun! If I had known then they would close their doors within a few months I would have bought a lot more yarn.  I bought this yummy skein of Skinny Bugga in the colorway Charaxes Tiridate.  I thought it looked like Dodger blue so I knew it would be perfect for my mom.  Skinny Bugga is 80% merino, 10% nylon, and 10% cashmere (so soft!).  I think these are going to be the softest socks ever.  

This pattern is the Angee sock.  It is much longer sock, but I know my mom prefers shorter socks so I took out one pattern repeat in the leg.  I love how the rows look like cables, when in reality it is just increases and decreases that make that pattern.  

No comments:

Post a Comment