Sunday, August 31, 2014

Welcome Fall & Weekend Shenanigans

For those that don't know me, I am OBSESSED with Halloween.  It's my favorite time of year.  Sweater weather is coming up.  Pumpkin Spice Latte's are available and this is when I pull out my Halloween decorations.  I usually take the week of Labor Day off from work.  This year, I started it a day early and took Friday off, too.  Thursday  night, I brought up my totes and on Friday morning I started decorating.  It's going to be a gradual process, but here are some of the things I have so far.

Halloween Spooky Sampler (pattern by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery)


Tony the Toybox monster knit for me by NoKnitSherlock ♥


I scored this Halloween set at a flea market a couple of years ago :D


Felt owl made by Crinoline -- Zombie Cat knit for me by baconfairy
There is so much more to do, but I want to wait until it gets a little closer to Halloween.  In the meantime, I will start watching my favorite horror movies, eat/drink as much pumpkin as I can and enjoy my favorite season.

Yesterday, I went to the annual Redneck Festival in Weissport, Pennsylvania with a good friend of mine and her 4 year old son.  I had never been there before, but our boss was telling us how much fun she had there last year and how it's a great place for people watching.  We got there around the time it opened and stayed for a couple of hours.  It was very kid-friendly.  They had a few rides, some games and a bunch of food stands.  There were different events going on all day.  We got to see part of "Rednecks Got Talent" and later on there was going to be toilet wheelbarrow racing.  We really enjoyed ourselves and decided to make it a yearly thing for us.  I don't get to hang out with work Jenn outside of work that often, so it was nice to get outside of the office and have fun.



Duck facing it up 

Toilet seat wheelbarrows

Caiden dunked the guy in the tank!

I only managed to sneak in half a round on my sock while waiting for her son to finish playing in the bounce house.




2 comments:

  1. Fall was my least favorite season growing up but after living the past 6 years in places that actually have 4 seasons, it became my favorite. It makes me sad that I won't see the leaves changing this year now that we're back in CA. It also limits knitting project possibilities a bit. My sis already warned me about going to the pumpkin patch this year . . . have to make sure the kids are in t-shirts because of how hot it still is :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been lucky that I have lived on the East Coast all of my life. Autumn is beautiful here. Summer and Winter on the other hand...not so much ;p
    -Jess

    ReplyDelete