Friday, August 22, 2014

FO Friday 8/22

Hi everyone, I swear moving has taken me completely out of my zone. I was used to keeping up with my blogging each week, and since we have moved it seems hard to get back in the groove.  I also have not really been knitting this month. It is strange, normally knitting is my  relaxation. After we got settled for a few days I did work on my sock yarn blanket, and it is now basically a lapghan.  For non-knitters, this is a blanket that goes across your lap.  I am excited so see it coming along.  The other thing I have been working on is my autumn sampler from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. I bought it last year after making the Halloween sampler. I did not even finish the border before it was set aside for other projects.  As the temperature starts to drop I found myself thinking of fall and pulled out my sampler.  I have 5/25 squares done, and am hopeful to finish it this year.  I am all caught up on my Once Upon a Time sampler too.  I have the same pair of socks on my needles that I had the last time though.  I did want to finish them, but needed a gift for a birthday party. A friend of ours has a baby who just turned 1! That is such a fun age.  So I looked at my list of monsters that I have not made, that I want to make and decided to make a Presley Cash. He is a very friendly monster for babies and toddlers since he has no safety eyes, and his mouth is knit on rather than glued.  The family loves Penn State, so I made him in blue and white.  
Presley Cash the Monster by Rebecca Danger
 The other part of Presely that is so fun, is his arm is all one piece! That way he can hang, or can be easily carried.

No comments:

Post a Comment