Friday, August 29, 2014

FO Friday 8/29

Sorry I have been so silent lately.  I've been feeling a bit off for awhile and haven't felt motivated enough to do anything.  I did get caught up with the Halloween Town cross stitch and started the most recent clue.  

I also spun my first skein of wheel spun yarn.  My friend, Kit, let me try out her Ashford Kiwi and I love it!  It is so much faster than the drop spindle!  I chose my Woolgatherings Mixed BFL that I purchased at MDSW in 2013.  I need to work on my drafting since some spots are a little over spun, but I am pleased with my first attempt.  I managed to spin 236 yards of worsted (mostly) weight.


Woolgatherings Mixed BFL
I also finished a test knit for Susan Claudino, but I have to wait to share the photos since the pattern hasn't been released yet ;)  

Based on the teaser pictures that Susan has posted on Instagram, I cannot wait to see your finished test knit!  I finally finished my Jeck socks that I am making as a Christmas gift for my grandma this year!  
They are knit with Plymouth Yarn Happy Feet. I think this yarn is great for socks, it is super durable and comes in great colors.  I think my grandma is really going to love the color, since they have some spots that are very Dodger blue.  Another present off the needles and it is only August! Hopefully this year will be much less stressful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment