Wednesday, October 8, 2014

FO Friday 10/10/14

My FO's this week are all about my mom.  Her birthday was earlier this week and since she is one of the most knitworthy people I know, I wanted to make her a pair of socks.  I did a basic 3x1 rib, fish lips kiss heel.


Into the Whirled Pakokku-A Musing Anecdote

I think it's funny how they pooled almost in a tie dye pattern at the leg and then striped at the foot.  I have plenty of yarn left over so I plan on making some fingerless mitts for myself with the leftovers.

Since my mom is also a knitter, I decided to spin her some yarn.  I managed to get 302 yards of a heavy fingering/sport weight yarn, 2-ply.  


Knitting Knorth Polwarth
Overall, I think she was pleased with her gifts and I can't wait to see what she makes with the yarn!  

I have another Christmas present off the needles, and the last pair of socks that I am making as a present this year too!  I finished up the socks that I was working on for my mom. They are soft and squishy and I think she will love the color'
Angee by Cookie A knit in Cephalopod Yarns Skinny Bugga!
I also knit up a few bibs for the Hufflepuff Baby Gift Brigade this last week for Quidditch.
Stay on Bib - Lily Sugar n cream ombres
Grandmother's Favorite Baby Bib in Plymouth Fantasy Natural

No comments:

Post a Comment